Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the "choice" RAID controller for FreeBSD?

I've been using the Adaptec 2100S and the 3200S and have been running in
to bizarre issues when it's necessary to hot-swap a drive (for example,
removing a drive, zapping a new one (in another spot), and putting it back
in where the failed drive was, causes the entire RAID1 to be inaccessable
- the card isn't abstracting enough.) I'm looking at my options and I'm
curious what others have used and how happy they are with them? Assume
that price is a concern but it is not _the_ concern - reliability is.