Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:58:30 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel debugging question...

Is there a way to get the kernel debugger (I'll be using it as a remote
debug, with gdb/ddd as a front end) to stop executing when a particular
memory address gets modified? I'm having problems with a pointer in
shared memory (between the OS and hardware) getting changed unexpectedly.
I suspect its the firmware on the card, but I want to see if there is a way
I can verify that its not the kernel itself. I've checked the code that IS
supposed to manipluate it, and it works fine. I'm curious to see if its some
other pointer math that may be screwed up thats accidently stomping on it.

Thanks.
	-Brian