Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 12:22:38 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        "stable" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT Mylex on stable?

You're supposed to take the diffs I pointed you at, which only contain
the changes you want.  I also supplied you with a web-based interface
which details exactly which changes are and aren't relevant to the bug in
question.

> Not to complain (too much), but since I wanted these bugs fixed in the first
> place, why not just shoot me a set of diffs that would allow me to try the
> patches under 4-stable?  Is there a schedule for MFCing them instead?

Because I can't test them under -stable, and I don't have any tools for
building an array on a 2.x controller on i386 yet (because I am still
_writing_ them), and I am more interested in the 6.x firmware because
these controllers are actually out there in the marketplace, and I'm also
working on drivers for AMI and 3ware as well as a few others on top of
all my other work.

And basically, the 2.x firware support was done primarily for folks
running Alpha systems, where it's still current and where tools are still
easily obtained.  In the fullness of time, I'll get the 2.x stuff MFCed,
or someone else with a 2.x controller will beat me to it. In the meantime,
I'm sorry to say that you've been prioritised. 8(