Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:46:29 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   inetd: junk pointer - self followup/question...

Trying to investigate further, I just ran 'netstat -n' on the server, and
it came up with alot of 'ESTABLISHED' connections that there were no
asssociated processes with (alot of port 119 - nntp)...I shut down news
and restarted it, ad not I have 239 TIME_WAIT connections?

hub# netstat -n | grep TIME_WAIT | wc -l
     239
hub# netstat -n | grep ^tcp | grep -v LISTEN | wc -l
     579

Is this normal?  Or could this be where my problem is arising?  Am I even
lookign in the right direction? :(

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org