Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:47:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld problems with today's sources

The same thing happened to me when buildworlding on a ~june 20th
current box.

I removed CPUTYPE from /etc/make.conf, and I fsck'ed the disk in
question (after a crash resulting from the condvar problem discussed
here).  And I removed -j4 from my make flags.  One of these things
(sorry that I don't know which), cured the problem.  I was mainly
interested in getting a -current world, not diagnosing the breakage.

Drew

Luigi Rizzo writes:
<...>
 > Stop in /home/luigi/XORP/HEAD_020630/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
 > *** Error code 1

<...>