Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:00:53 +0100
From:      Nikolaj Hansen <nikolaj.hansen@barnabas.dk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 and vinum upgrade #2

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 06:35:23PM +0100, Matthias Schuendehuette wrote:
> Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 00:04 schrieb Nikolaj Hansen:
> This disk setup seems to me perfectly legal. Your vinum-partition has an
> offset of 1740535 which is != 0, that's all that I meant.

OK, Thats a relief. I also could not find anything immediately wrong with
the partitioning.

> I don't know any hints any more, sorry. I send a pointer to
> le@freebsd.org, which is the creator of geom_vinum, because he follows
> -current and not -stable AFAIK.

I think the creation of geom_vinum.ko kernel object with the new features
is a very good idea.

I also do not think it belongs in the stable branch just yet :-D Any hope
of you fixing the old vinum in the 5.3 branch or is it a wait for the 5.4?

--

With regards / med venlig hilsen

Nikolaj Hansen
Algade 15, 2 tv
9000  Aalborg
Danmark

"Even on the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our
arses." - Montaigne