Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:00:09 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "gaspeak@erols.com" <gaspeak@erols.com>, Gerald Speak <gaspeak@erols.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: getting StarOffice

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Gerald Speak wrote:
> you also might try http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/fulldocscd.html you
> would get printed documentation, and a CD for all platforms for $40
>
> I've seen a few cheap Linux distributions that contain a StarOffice CD for
> around $20 or less.  Some companies like Infomagic may even have a
> dedicated version for sale at a local computer store.  If you're interested
> in the software but not patient enough to do a download (like me), this may
> be your way to go.
>

> At 11:38 AM 1/29/00 , Walter Brameld wrote:
> >I also have noticed all the posts about Star Office and thought I
> >might try installing it to see if I had any problems, but at a 65 mb
> >download, I guess I'll pass.

I love you people out there, you've been a lot of help to me in the
past. I sent a private reply to the first guy that responded to me so
as not to clutter the list, but I guess I'll have to go public.

I don't WANT the danged thing, I was just going to check if it would
compile successfully! Time is not an issue, I've done my entire
FreeBSD install and additions via a 28.8 connection. Any one that
would download the Quake 2 demo wouldn't be fazed by a measly 65 meg.
This is NOT a flame, I got a real kick out of all the replies.

If it wasn't for people like you, I would not be nearly as far along
with FreeBSD as I am now. Thanks again, everyone.

 --  Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.