Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:40:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why is -stable not secure?

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Nate Williams wrote:

> Fine.  Provide the resources for someone to patch 2.1.

Please elaborate on "resources".  Do you not think it should be done in
the main CVS repository, or are you referring to the manpower required to
do the work?

I agree that, unless they want to, it isn't desirable for developers to
spend anything more than a trivial amount of time with the 2.1 branch.
However, I think that setting up a seperate distribution method would be
counterproductive.

I started this thread for a reason.  I'm trying to figure out the best way
for me, and any other willing souls, to try to make this work.  I am not
interested in continuing 2.1 development but just maintainence in key
areas.  What I will probably end up doing is simply making patches and
seeing what happens to them, since that is more often than not the way to
get things accomplished, but first I wanted to get any input that anyone
has to offer.

Thanks.