Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 15:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        root@beyond.sdi.agate.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web Server

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>Is there a Webserver that lets you have the index file be INDEX.* and
>lets you create several different CGI directories and lets you so SSI
>operations and gets complicated like that??? I don't think Apache
>offers that.. so if ya know a Web Server that does please do tell...

I believe that Apache offers all of the features you listed above.
(I'm not exactly sure what the first feature is:  do you mean that you
can have index.html, index.shtml, index.htm, or index.cgi, and all of
them will work as the index page, with the .shtml being interpreted as
SSI and the .cgi being interpreted as a CGI script?  If so, I believe
Apache will do this).

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/