Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:27:24 -0600
From:      Shawn Frederickson <Shawn.Frederickson@requisite.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Enabling Multiple CPUs on 4.2

I have several 2 CPU systems running FreeBSD 4.2.  I know this because I
opened the system and there are 2 physical CPUs.  The system manual doesn't
mention any jumper settings I should need to change, but according to sysctl
and sysinfo, there is only 1 CPU on the systems.

Output from sysinfo:

        G E N E R A L   I N F O R M A T I O N

Host ID is                00000000
System Model is           GenuineIntel Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron
Main Memory is            2.0 GB
Virtual Memory is         4.0 GB
Number of CPUs is         1
CPU Type is               i686 GenuineIntel Pentium III/Pentium III
Xeon/Celeron
App Architecture is       i386
Kernel Architecture is    i386
OS Name is                FreeBSD
OS Version is             4.2-RELEASE
OS Distribution is        199506

sysctl -n hw.ncpu
1

Is there anything I need to do to get FreeBSD to recognize the 2nd CPU?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shawn D. Frederickson
Production Systems Administrator
Requisite Technology
E-CONTENT SOLUTIONS THAT POWER B2B E-COMMERCE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
information belonging to the sender
("Information") that may be confidential and legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance on the Information is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the Information in error,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original email.
 Thank you.