Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:22:31 -0500
From:      "RDWestSr" <rdw2002@charter.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linked drive help plz

wuzzup guys,
 i'm totally lost here...
i have freebsd installed on a 6gig hdd -
i have a 40gig hdd mounted at /www
and i have a 80gig mounted at /myftp

this is whats happening...
my ftpusers home directories are located at /www/home/ftpuser

ok..  now all my ftp files are /myftp

i cd into user dir and created a sym link like :

ln -s /myftp /www/home/user/ftp

now going in windows explorer from my xp box with samba,  everything
seems just fine...

the link created a folder (ftp) and all my ftp files are mounted
inside...

PROBLEM
when i log in with ftp client,  the ftp is showing up as a link
when i try going to it i get 550
XCWD /ftp
550 Can't change directory to /ftp: No such file or directory

any ideas about what i'm doing wrong???
tx
RD