Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:24:33 -0500
From:      "Stephen Hoover" <shooverfbn@442spot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache virtual host question

Sorry this may not be the most appropriate forum for this posting. I am
just hoping with the vast knowledge of this list someone will know the
answer.

If I have only 1 IP address on the computer and do name based virtual
hosting, do I have to make ALL the websites virtual? I added this to my
httpd.conf

NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.lsmsc.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/lsmsc
    </VirtualHost>

After I did that I was only able to pull up that website. The main
servername quit responding (well it started resolving to the other
document root). I added the main servername as a virtual host and it
started working again. I just want to make I didn't do something
incorrect.

Thanks!
Stephen Hoover
Dallas, Texas