Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:24:35 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

>> 	Hmmm okay, but is the ET still better than a Cisco?  and does the
>> SDL cost less or more than the ET?
>
>Vinny vinny vinny... You seem to be allergic to the idea of doing any
>of own research and it would not surprise me in the slightest to see
>your next series of questions go something along the lines of:
>
>1. So, what should I do?  Please send me a detailed site plan with
>   all cost estimates attached.
>
>2. Can someone come over here and do all this for me while I vacation in
>   the Carribean? :-)
>
>My suggestions:
>
>1. Do a net search for Emerging Technologies (or see FreeBSD's commercial
>   entries off the home page) and get their contact information.  Say to the
>   nice person who answers:  "Uh, can you give me your prices?"
>
>2. Do a net search for SDL communications and do the same.
>
>3. Repeat step 2 for Cisco.
>
>Tada!  You've now got price information and probably a stack of FAX'd
>technical data if you also gave the nice sales critters your FAX
>number and requested data.
>
>Requests for empirical data are one thing, but questions about things
>you're more than capable of answering for yourself strike me as a
>waste of everyone's time.

Unfortunatly, all products work great in the marketing literature. You can
also find someone who likes and dislikes any particular product. but
you are right...you have to decide for yourself. Its kind of like buying a
car.....some people just want to get to the station, and some people
have like to make high speed turns......

Dennis