Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:07:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TI1225 CardBus controller

<<On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:37:02 +0200 (CEST), Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net> said:

> From reading the mailing list archives, I figured that the TI1225
> driver does actually work in some laptops, because the BIOS does
> some magic initialization which the driver misses when running on a
> non-laptop box.

It's not necessarily just because of what the BIOS does.  I am of the
belief that the PCI card only works under the CardBus programming
model.  The reason should be obvious: the IRQ lines that the PC-Card
interface needs aren't available on the PCI connector.  When that chip
is used in a laptop, it's connected directly to the PIIX so that it
can get the full ISA functionality it needs in order to implement the
Intel PCIC programming model.

-GAWollman