Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 1996 20:08:14 +1000
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        "Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers" <fty@mcnc.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggestion: Re: Latest Current build failure

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996 16:53:06 -0400  "Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers" wrote:

> How about a simple status report?  Like simply the CTM # and a one
> word status: "ng" (won't build), "builds" and "runs" (reasonably
> stable).

I'm working on this.  I presently think the test for OK should be just
that 'make world' ran OK and then a newly built kernel could be
booted.  This much is easy to automate.

Following another posting I guess that if 'make world' fails it should
be retried after 'make bootstrap'.  Thoughts, anyone?

Judging "stable" is rather more difficult for a dumb shell script. :-)

Giles