Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:49:51 0
From:      "Clare & Peter Stubbs" <clarenpete@sol.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   empty partition/can't find boot.config & boot.help

Hi All,

I wanted some more space to store the /usr/src tree, so I claimed the
300M d: back off my windows install for FreeBSD. I used
/stand/sysinstall to create the partition and label it, but had to
newfs it my self. The command I used was 'newfs -b 8192 -f1024
/dev/wd0s2e' It all looked fine, and I copied the src tree over onto
it and rebooted just to check that it all worked. I now get this

F1	DOS
F2	FreeBSD
F3	FreeBSD

F3
empty partition
can't find boot.config
empty partition
can't find boot.help

wd(0,a)/kernel
boot:

I can't get it to boot at all. When I boot from a boot floppy my
system is all there, but it won't boot by itsef. I've searched the
emal archives, but not found an answer.

Anyone got any ideas?

TIA
Peter