Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:36:50 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        c a r s t e n <carsten@realityblur.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mozilla focus problems (was Re: The ongoing saga of getting DSL up and running... ping: sendto: Permission denied)

c a r s t e n wrote:
> ah! i had no idea that the firewall could suddenly be running without my
> telling freebsd to start it up. or, i probably told it to start it up
> without realising, is more likely.

If you compile the kernel with ipfw support compiled in, it always starts.

> now i just have to figure out why mozilla 1.3a (sometimes?) won't take
> keystrokes in the url entryfield, and in forms as well.

I've been having the same problem.  What WM do you use?  I use enlightenment.
I haven't made a big stink about it because I discovered that if I minimize
the windows and then bring it back, normal behaviour is resumed.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Do we know if it's an X, FreeBSD, or
Mozilla problem?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies