Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:17:21 -0600
From:      "KizerSoze" <kizersoze@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Default Sendmail install with FreeBSD

I've been addressing an issue where I'm trying to have all my mail from my
root account forwarded to  my home email address.  The BSD box does not have
a FQDN and when trying to send any mail to my home accounts the mail relay
owned by those accounts will not accept them, assumingly because the from
address does not have a real domain name, thus the relay drops the mail as
spam.

I know that sendmail can be configured to change the from addresses of
emails before they are sent and I'd like to accomplish this, and, have found
some sufficient documentation here.
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.2

But, after reading through the documentation I am unable to locate any
sendmail.mc file on my system.  My system was not a bare 4.7 install, but
has been updated through the 4.x tree.  I'm by no means an expert with
Sendmail and have not been able to find any answers to the following
questions.

1)  Where am I suppose to find the sendmail.mc file?

2)  Does FreeBSD come with a partial install of sendmail, and if so is this
why I'm not seeing the sendmail.mc file, and if thats the case do I need to
re-install sendmail through the port tree?

3)  Has anyone else here accomplished what I'm trying to do here, and if so,
what were your steps to success?

Thanks in advance,

Ed