Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:26:52 +0100
From:      Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Subject:   Re: SSH oddness with 8.0-STABLE

I think this is the affect of this:

20080801:
  OpenSSH has been upgraded to 5.1p1.

  For many years, FreeBSD's version of OpenSSH preferred DSA
  over RSA for host and user authentication keys.  With this
  upgrade, we've switched to the vendor's default of RSA over
  DSA.  This may cause upgraded clients to warn about unknown
  host keys even for previously known hosts.  Users should
  follow the usual procedure for verifying host keys before
  accepting the RSA key.

  This can be circumvented by setting the "HostKeyAlgorithms"
  option to "ssh-dss,ssh-rsa" in ~/.ssh/config or on the ssh
  command line.

  Please note that the sequence of keys offered for
  authentication has been changed as well.  You may want to
  specify IdentityFile in a different order to revert this
  behavior.

Bye,
Norman