Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:04:41 +0800
From:      "JT" <jtfbsd@jt.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB Key Disk Boot

Hi

Has anyone already developed or had experience with getting FreeBSD to =
run off a USB key disk?

I am looking to run a minimal FreeBSD build on a USB key disk as a =
network monitoring system, but I am having great difficulty getting =
information on how to do so. FreeBSD is my preferred *nix OS, but if I =
am not able to get a USB boot solution in a reasonable time, I will have =
to move my project to a Linux based solution as there are already Linux =
USB boot systems out there.=20

All assistance is appreciated. I think that even if I could get some =
info on the BSD bootup sequence/etc I might be able to build something =
workable.

Best regards

JT
jtfbsd@jt.net.au