Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:35:23 -0800
From:      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@omen.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kismet/Orinoco/6.2 Can't Channel Hop

I've installed Kismet from the currnet sources on two
older laptops.  Using FreeBSD 6.2 and an Orinoco Gold
Classic.  This combination works fine with Kismet if
I disable channel hopping.  If I enable hopping it
only sees a few packets than stops hearing.

If I set the defaultchannels to multiple instances of
the same channel as the initial channel, it will still
work if channelhop=true.  The suggests the problem only
occurs if thechannel number is changed.

The card works fine for regular wireless access.

The same card on a slightly newer laptop running Ubuntu
Linux Breezy works properly, including channel hopping.
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf@omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665