Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:44:59 +1030
From:      Marc Dodsworth <marcd@internode.on.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spooling outgoing e-mail

Hi

I have a client who I've put in a FreeBSD system as an internet gateway with
56K dialup.

Only one use collects e-mail from their ISP and she uses MS Outlook 2000.

I am looking at a better way of doing this so will use fetchmail to retrieve the
mail from the ISP which she can then collect from the gateway system.

I'm wondering what would be the best way for out going e-mail.  They don't have
a registered domain otherwise I'd just use Postfix or Sendmail for SMTP (if I
 pointed the SMTP program to relay via the ISP's mail server would it spool the
 mail or would it just bet the same effect as talking direct from Outlook to the
ISP's mail server).

Thanks for any assistance

Marc