Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 04:22:07 -0600
From:      "Tomek" <tomek@mpionline.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fatal double fault and panic

Hello there,
===MY PROBLEM===
Fatal double fault
eip = 0xc03156f6
esp = 0xc8ad9ff0
ebp = 0xc8ada014
panic: double fault

syncing disks....
<INSERT FREEZE HERE>

===ME===
I am new to this mailing list, I have been using FreeBSD for about
16months and have never really had a problem with anything until now. I
am fairly well versed in config files, utilities, running web servers,
etc but not in the nitty gritty stuff yet.

===DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM===
Computer: PII 700mhz, 128mb ram
Version: FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE (GENERIC) #0: Sat Apr 21 10:54:49 GMT 2001
Purpose of computer: apache/php webserver, newsgroups, email, and mySQL
database
Frequency of problem: varies from 1day to 1week between above
Uptime: 24/7 until it crashes, fairly low load though other than apache
Other notes:
Usually after the "syncing disks..." it does NOT freeze and just reboots
itself, so I for the past several weeks I never got to actually SEE the
above "fata double fault" messages because they don not get stored in
the logs AFAIK.

PLEASE HELP :)

Thank you, sincerely,
Thomas Stachura of MPI