Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:48:59 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: 3 more days until 4.3-RELEASE

Since all my messages to date have been about delays, I figured I
should send something which dealt with the opposite problem: A looming
release date! :) We're on target for a 4.3-RELEASE date of April 20th,
on roughly friday evening PST.

The 4.3-RC4 release is also going up on ftp.freebsd.org as we speak
(both ISO and ftp installable directory) into the usual URL of:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/

With alpha bits to follow in the ../alpha/ directory some time tomorrow.

All the packages and whatnot are known to be "good" in these Release
Candidates, so please test them with an eye towards providing us wrong
here. :)

The only "known holes" in this RC4 image have to do with the globbing
and random sequence number stuff that Kris still has in his queue -
those are purely security related and there shouldn't be any
functional impact for the actual usability testing of these bits,
so please test 'em!  Thanks!

- Jordan