Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:52:57 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw fwd'ing help

Hi everyone..

I have two upsteam links on my gateway, but no asn or routing
daemon running, and one of the links has a dynamic ip anyway..

What I am trying to do is foward packets out one of the links
based on their source address with the ipfw fwd feature..

The way I thought to go about this was to set one link as the
default route and then just have rules to foward certain src
ips out the other interface.. The problem is that the packets
dont go anywhere after being forwarded...

Im thinking that this might be a routing issue or something but
I cant seem to make it work... What would I need to do to get
this setup working? Do I need to maybe go about it a different
way?

Thanks for any pointers!