Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:25:03 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        chuck@iconnet.net (chuck)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on i386 memory model

chuck wrote:

> My apologies.  It is not a "UNIX-derivative".  It is an operating system
> that shares many characteristics with UNIX.  Is that better, semantic man?
>
> I swear to Christ that you people will stop at nothing to pick a fight.

Sorry. I can't stand OS-9. There are so many pieces of code that even
work under Windows, but don't work under OS-9. Only in more recent versions
of OS-9 has Microware added more C runtime library functions to make a
UNIX programmer's like more comfortable. I spent 6 months last year working
on a project that used OS-9 on the embedded part of the system and NT
on laptops connected by PPP. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137