Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 19:47:53 +0200
From:      Clement Laforet <clement@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Apache2 segfault

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI

Hi,

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 07:34:56PM +0200, Kvesdn Gbor wrote:
> I have an apache 2.0.53 from the prots colletction with auth, dav, misc,=
=20
> ssl, threads modules on FreeBSD 5.3 amd64.Some of the httpd processes=20
> crash with SIGSEGV signal (11). Most of the web pages are reachable, but=
=20
> some aren't. (e. g. Squirrelmail) In the apache error-log I can see such=
=20
> messages:
<skip errors sig 11 error>
you forgot mod_php ;-)

> This phenomenon has been existed since approximately I upgraded the=20
> apache webserver from .52. Generally I use CFLAGS=3D-Os -march=3Dathlon64=
=20
> and gcc4.0. But now, I deleted the dependencies of the apache webserver,=
=20
> commented the whole make.conf out, and recompiled almost everything for=
=20
> apache and the result is the same. What can I do now? Please help me, it=
=20
> is quite important since this is a production system....

I think it's a php problem, not an apache one. You have 2 choices:
1. grab a core dump and backtrace it (look at www/apache2 CVS commit=20
history on freshports for more details to set it up). don't forget=20
to recompile apache2 with WITH_DEBUG=3DYES.
2. comment/uncomment your php extensions in extensions.ini to find=20
the culpit. php.net ressource pages and -ports@ archives can help you=20
to find it and, maybe, tell you how to fix it.

clem

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI--