Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charlie Sorsby <crs@hgo.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WC 2.2.5 cdrom set

Should the second CD in the four-CD set (purportedly the live file
system) be bootable?

Having got my second disk, I installed 2.2.5 on it (leaving 2.1.5
on the first disk with W95).  I had the second disk of the set in
the drive a while ago for some reason and rebooted the system and
it booted the CDROM.  I haven't tested disks 3 and 4 yet.

I should have thought that only the first disk, the one actually
used for installation, would be bootable.  Having the live file
system bootable seems to me to make it quite a bit less useful
since one can't simply leave it in the drive across boots.  Granted
it isn't necessary to reboot FreeBSD often but sometimes it is
necessary for other reasons and sometimes--especially during the
electrical storm season--a power failure will reboot the system,
like it or not.  Having it boot to the installation program is a
bit dangerous, isn't it?

Thanks.

Charlie Sorsby
	crs@hgo.net