Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:35:40 -0800
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to build FreeBSD doc web pages?

Hi,

I am trying to fix some text in the FreeBSD docs,
and am trying to build the FreeBSD docs and web pages
so I can view the output HTML as I am fixing things.

What is the correct procedure to do this?

I am trying to follow these instructions:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/fdp-primer/the-website-build.html

but those instructions didn't quite do what I wanted, i.e.
they did not build all the books (such as handbook) and articles.

On Freefall, I did this:

mkdir -p ~rodrigc/public_html/doc2
mkdir -p ~rodrigc/public_html/doc1
cd ~rodrigc/public_html/doc2
svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/doc/head doc
cd ~rodrigc/public_html/doc2/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1
make install DOCDIR=$HOME/public_html/doc1/doc

mkdir -p /tmp/ports
touch /tmp/ports/INDEX
cd ~rodrigc/public_html/doc2/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs
make NOPORTSNET=yes PORTSBASE=/tmp NO_PACKAGES_LINK=yes all

The output is here:  http://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/doc1/

but it doesn't look right.

Any ideas?

Thanks.