Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:05:56 -0600
From:      "Tony Johnson" <gjohnson@gs.verio.net>
To:        "sony setiadi" <sdeny@rad.net.id>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: MY SCSI HD is not working

Very good IBM hard disk.  After checking adaptec EZ-Scsi, mine is actually
faster then my 10k rpm seagate cheetah!  This does not seem to be a FreeBSD
problem.  Check termination on the drive.  You should not have to deal with
term power settings.  Do you have any external scsi equipment such as jaz
drives?  You may need to unterminate your scsi card.  Some motherbards like
Tyan thunderbolt have onboard scsi and each channel needs to be terminated.
Check this.

I apologize.  I do not wish to sound like I am patronizing you , but check
your adaptec scsi bios.  Make sure the drive is detected by the adacptec
card or motherboard.  Also you should have no duplicate scsi id's but but
your system may not boot if this were the case.