Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:38:45 +0000
From:      Michael <mlmichael70@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bsdinstall distextract and manual installation

Hello,

I prefer manual installations so I was always going to fixit mode and
doing something like:

cd /dist/8.2-RELEASE/base
install.sh

Now there is no install.sh script in 9.0-RC2 anymore. Am I right
thinking that "bsdinstall distextract" should do the same thing?

If yes then what is the proper way of using it? I'm setting these variables:
$DISTRIBUTIONS="base"
$BSDINSTALL_DISTDIR=/usr/freebsd-dist
$BSDINSTALL_CHROOT=/mnt
and I'm mounting my disk (manually or using "bsdinstall mount")
and then I'm getting a segmentation fault when I simply try to run
"bsdinstall distextract".

In other words, how can I get the distribution files installed in FreeBSD 9?

Thank you in advance, M.