Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:39:30 +0100
From:      Arno Schneider <arno@RZ.FH-Augsburg.DE>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inspiron 4100/8100?

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

> > My question is: do they work with FreeBSD, and if yes, how do they
> > perform? Are the integrated peripherals (IrDA, LAN,...) supported? And

The internal Modem/LAN Combo works with FreeBSD 4.4

> > what about X? (The 4100 has a ATI Mobility Radeon built in, the 8100 a
> > nVidia GeForce2 Go; I didn't find a lot about these chips on the XFree
> > homepage.)

If i switch to an external Monitor I can use the NVidia Chip at a
resolution of 1600x1200 but when I switch to the UXGA LDC Panel I only
see garbage on the screen (with the nv driver of XFree 4.1.0).

I dont't now how I can get the panel to work.

Any hints?

regards, arno
--=20
              arno schneider   arno@fh-augsburg.de
              Rechenzentrum Fachhochschule Augsburg
PGP fingerprint: C6 AD 36 FF B1 6A 8E 66  30 27 2B FA 02 46 B4 8E
PGP public key: http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~arno/pgpkey.txt

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--