Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:49:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Octave in -current

Eric L. Hernes wrote:

> It seems that the jump to gcc-2.7.2.1 has broken octave.
> There's a couple of patches on the ftp site that are
> advertised to help with 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, but it's going
> to take someone who knows more about c++ than me to
> finish it off.  Everything compiles, but the linking
> fails because of some symbol-mangling...
>
> I can commit what I've got if someone want's to take over.

I tried octave-1.93 yesterday, which is supposed to compile with
gcc-2.7.2, but without success. The error messages look the same as
with our 1.1.1 port, so I'd say we mark it broken for 2.2.

Maybe we can ship the package for 2.1.x if it includes the old
libraries (how about putting the compatX distributions in ports/
anyway?).

tg