Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:35:01 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        "litos2001@libero.it" <litos2001@libero.it>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Startup scripts a la NetBSD

On Fri 2001-03-30 (08:21), Michael Lucas wrote:
> It's been discussed before.
>
> Every time it's been discussed, someone volunteers to do the work.
> The volunteers vanish into the aether, and are not heard from again.
>
> I can only assume that they're all secretly coordinating their work to
> ensure that it is bug-free and commit-ready, so that when they
> reappear we are all immediately overwhelmed by their technical
> excellence.

I haven't ever volunteered specifically, but some people know that I've
worked on it.  Unfortunately it's tough going lately, since I no longer
have a "development" machine (and seem to have issues getting liquidated
companies to pay me *grin*).  I've got it to work previously, it's
pretty arbitrary to do.  It shouldn't take more than a few hours to get
the basics going.  The specifics get a bit more difficult, and it's
quite a bit of manual work to get it to actually boot somewhat cleanly.

I'm starting a new contract in two weeks, where I may have the resources
to work on this (after some other FreeBSD-specific things the company is
interested in - Hi Arri, Barry, Leon, &c.).

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org