Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:44:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@pernet.net>
To:        Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: radius aware pop3 server

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Michael Dillon wrote:

[snip]
> IMHO, RADIUS authentication should be available as a config option
> everywhere passwd lookups are used such as in the login command, ftp
> server, etc.
[snip]

I've thought about doing this also(patching in RADIUS), but how would you
handle simple getpw*() calls?  The Radius specs(as I read them) *require*
a password to be transmitted in auth packets.  The only thing I could
think of is to hack the server to accept a "generic" password to return
passwd info.  Any thoughts?  Am I just crazy?

--
Neal Rigney, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net