Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:06:33 -0700
From:      John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Subject:   Re: recommendation not to purchase DWL-1000AP

[ On , February 23, Daniel O'Connor wrote: ]

> No you don't.. The firmware upgrade for the AP is done using tftp.

was able to see that much after looking in the window's directory where it
installed itself. They had a little lame "tftp_client" binary. I was about to
try and run this directly with the .arm and .fs files (with the IP for the AP)
but was unsure as to whether or not that's all the "upgrade" binary did (after
it searched for the AP's IP).

> BTW on my network it automatically picked up a DHCP lease which made
> life easier..

yeah, that would make life easier, I just didn't have a DHCP server in my
environment to start with. Thanks,

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen@reynoldsnet.org  http://www.reynoldsnet.org/