Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:22:36 +0900
From:      Koichi Sato <koichi@ccc.canon.co.jp>
To:        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, koichi@ccc.canon.co.jp
Subject:   Re: CAP and FreeBSD 2.2

Dear Wayne M. Barnes,

>      I recently upgraded my FreeBSD from 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 and then to 2.2.1.
> I believe my CAP 60 (pl 198) server was working fine at 2.1.7, but it's not
> working now.
> No error messages occur when I start-cap-servers.
> The symptom is that my computer name does not come up on the Macintosh
> when I choose Appletalk and my zone.

Which package did you try "Native CAP" or "FreeBSD's port" ?
If your package is "Native CAP", it does not work fine.
I have heard bpf(4) spec has changed on FreeBSD 2.2, so you need a patch.

This patch can get from http://www.fastnet.or.jp/~copan/CAP/bpfiltp.patch
Sorry, other contents are written in Japanse (^^;

But the best way is to use binary package or ports collection.
These are fixed the problem.

Please try following URL.

Binary Package:
  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/packages-current/net/cap-6.0.198.tgz

Port:
  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/ports-current/net/cap.tar.gz