Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:16:31 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@myrealbox.com>
To:        oberman@es.net, dwalton@acm.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with upgrade

Kevin,

I think the dmesg looks OK, IIRC.

>>   sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

On my TP600 with 4.3-stable this is what I get without mwavedd
kldload'ed, but imodem definitely enabled on irq's 3 and 10

>>   mwave0: <mwave> on isa0
>>   Mwave Modem, UART settings IRQ 0x3   IO 0x2f8
>>   sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
>>   sio1: type 16550A

I think this is the result of kldload mwavedd [sadly I can't get mwave
to make on my 4.3-stable to verify my memory from 4.1].  Without the
mwavedd device driver there is no sio1.

HTH,

Greg