Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:42:41 +1100 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gpl'd diff files

I'm considering porting something over from linux which is primarily a
large diff file against kernel sources. The diff file licence is under
the gpl. I'm wondering whether the gpl still applies after I've ported the
diff file over to bsd. I'm not sure whether this would be directly
covered under the gpl, and i'm keen to avoid the virus-like effects of
the gpl covering further modifications to all source involved.

Any assistance in this would be great.

Nick

--
Email: ncb05@uow.edu.au - http://rabble.uow.edu.au/~nick
Key fingerprint =  DE 30 33 D3 16 91 C8 8D  A7 F8 70 03 B7 77 1A 2A