Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:00:23 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        GiZmen <gizmen@zion.vsip.pl>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with file system

GiZmen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently my box had a power failure and after reboot when
> i wanted to check my encrypted filesystem with fsck i
> have that message:
>
> # fsck /dev/ad0s1g.bde
> ** /dev/ad0s1g.bde (NO WRITE)
> ** Last Mounted on /crypto
> ** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
>  fsck_ufs: cannot alloc 2129430592 bytes for inoinfo
>
> or:
>
> # fsck_ffs -p /dev/ad0s1g.bde
> /dev/ad0s1g.bde: NO WRITE ACCESS
> /dev/ad0s1g.bde: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
>

> i know that i have no write access but this file system is
> mounted right now and it seems that everything is ok.
> I have tried to repair this when this file system was unmounted
> but i had the same errors.
>
> I don't know how to repair this file system. Could anyone point me
> what to do?

I'm struggling with the same problem.  Suggestion so far from Don Lewis:

Try setting kern.maxdsiz to a larger value in /boot/loader.conf and
rebooting.  I've got mine set to 1GB.
	kern.maxdsiz="1073741824"

This didn't do it for me, but it might work for you.

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.