Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 15:47:32 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        KATO Takenori <kato@eclogite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   comment for CPU_686 in cputypes.h

<<On Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:52:33 +0900, KATO Takenori <kato@eclogite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp> said:

> In /sys/i386/include/cputypes.h, comment for CPU_586 is:
> 	/* P.....m (I hate lawyers; It's TM) */

> but that for CPU_686 is:

> 	/* Pentium Pro */

> It is not consistent with the comment for CPU_586.

> Is using TM in source code illegal?  I hope the answer, NO.

No, not at all.  Unless you are competing against the trademark owner,
you don't even have to give recognition to the mark (although their
lawyers are certainly entitled to ask you to do so).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.