Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:49:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   new sigbus sysctls

It is good to see the new unaligned access handling sysctl's!
However, I don't think they are being initialized the way you
intended.. On a freshly booted system:

broil# sysctl -a | grep unaligned
machdep.unaligned_print: 0
machdep.unaligned_fix: 0
machdep.unaligned_sigbus: 0

I'm not sure why unaligned_print & unaligned_fix are off (I suspect
they aren't really being initialized).  Having them off causes ypbind to die
with a bus error..  For now, I've initialized them in the variable
declarations to restore the previous behaviour.

Drew