Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 18:45:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan <dmeleaso@bw.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Gateway2000 and FreeBSD 2.2.6 install problems

  Has anyone been able to get FreeBSD 2.2.6 to work with a 486 from
Gateway?  I have literally tried everything to get the installation to
work right, but I still get the same error message:

panic: vm_fault: faulton  no fault entry, addr: f338e000
syncing disks... done
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

This all happens at the "Probing devices" screen.  As a side not, I have
used Slackware and RedHat distributions in the past, with no problem.
There have been a few posting in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, but I have
not seen any solutions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dan

BTW: the computer has 40megs of RAM and two HD's

	Non sum qualis eram. Tempus edax rerum.