Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:31:38 +0200
From:      Riaan Kruger <riaank@gmail.com>
To:        jd1008 <jd1008@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible CARP routing issue

Thank you for response.

I just found the problem. The third party software installs a route (the
second one listed in the above routing table) with the flags US and thereby
leaving out the G flag which states "Destination requires forwarding by
intermediary". This means that it assumes the destination is local and
therefor doing the ARP request