Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 15:21:53 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Gnome at FreeBSD List <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   grey background on xterm  [??]

	Guys,

	For months I get darker colors using terminal and ssh'ing into
	this server from others running Gnome and running mutt. I just
	discovered that running an xterm, the background is a deep off-white,
	a gray-something with black type.   I've played around with
	XTerm-color in the X11R6 app-defaults file, but still haven't figured
	out how to get a clean while background.  On most servers I run
	CTWM (and xterm) and when I ssh into *this* mailserver (tao) and use
	mutt the colors are fine, not darker.

	If I've explained myself well enough, can someone give me some
	clues?

	thanks muchly,

	gary

--