Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 19:50:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        davidg@root.com, eblood@winky.reno.nv.us, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NETBSD ccd driver

> Quoting from David Greenman (Sat Dec 30 00:14:10 1995):
> > >What is the NetBSD ccd driver?
> >
> >    It's the "concatenated disk" driver. It give you the ability to combine
> > multiple physical disks into one logical volume.
>
> What's the benefit as opposed to, say, 5 different mounts?

If you are silly enough to gate the news group "junk", it lets you fit
all 220M/day onto two 150M drives mounted on the directory "junk".

Basically its for things that don't split well at a mount point, like
large dirs that can't be fixed, or big files that wouldn't normally
fit on your drive.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---