Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:47:03 -0800
From:      Casey Scott <casey@nixfusion.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   delete key in ssh console

	Does anyone know how to get the delete to work properly in a ssh console? =
I=20
realize that the fact I am using ssh doesn't matter, but since that is how =
I=20
am connected, that's how I will refer to it. ;-) I am using Konsole (KDE=20
xterm) to ssh to my fbsd server. I have been through all the docs I can fin=
d,=20
but none related to remote connections (i.e. pseudo ttys). Where do I defin=
e=20
the type of keyboard mapping to using for remote connections? Currenty, I=20
have konsole set to use vt420 which causes the delete key to behave like th=
e=20
backspace key. Most of the others produce a "~" (tilde) when delete is=20
pressed. I would really like to be able to use the delete via remote=20
connections!

TIA
Casey