Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:53:50 -0700
From:      Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports problems

Hello BSDers,

I had this problem when I was running 4.6-RELEASE and continue to have
it after upgrading to 4.6.2 (my ports tree is also up-to-date).  Its a
freshly installed 100% stock system so I'm not sure what's going on..

Many ports fail to build because of libtool failure.  I've tried every
combination of de-installing and re-installing the components to no
avail.  Here's an example, several more ports fail in exactly the same
way.

Thanks, Skye

# make install
===>  Configuring for gdbm-1.8.0
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe  ) is a cross-compiler...
no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g
wheel
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.6.2
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/libexec/elf/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/elf/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
/usr/local/bin//libtool/ltconfig: Can't open
/usr/local/bin//libtool/ltconfig: Not a directory
configure: error: libtool configure failed
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net
[maintainer] and
      attach the "/usr/ports/databases/gdbm/work/gdbm-1.8.0/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might
      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1