Date:      Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:26:15 +0000
From:      Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
To:        Jose Borquez <calartstech@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg_add of CVSup errors when looking for dependencies

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 08:05, Jose Borquez wrote:
> I am attempting to install the cvsup package I downloaded using pkg_add
> -r cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2.tbz, but I keep getting the following error:
>
> Error: FTP Unable to get
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.4-release/Latest/cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2.tbz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> pkg_add: unable to fetch
> 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.4-release/Latest/cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2.tbz'
> by URL
>
> It looks like the default link that cvsup attempts to look for
> dependencies is incorrect.  How can I specify an alternate link for
> cvsup to use?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Jose

Jose,

To download and install a pkg you use the -r option. If you have already
downloaded it the you do not need the -r.

The reason you are getting the unable to fetch is probably that you are
asking for a specific version which is not available.

To download and install the latest version of cvsup just do

pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui

See the handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/packages-using.html

Rob