Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 10:36:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Schroeder, Aaron" <Aaron.Schroeder@qg.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: smbmount question...

Do you mean  mount_smbfs to mount windows shares?
Its not enabled on alpha, probably due to lack of testing.

If you want to try it,

# cd /usr/src/lib/libsmb
# make all install
# cd /usr/src/sbin/mount_smbfs
# make all install

It requires kernel support in the form of

#
# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV
# options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB

# mchain library. It can be either loaded as KLD or compiled intokernel
options         LIBMCHAIN               #mbuf management library

# Kernel side iconv library
options         LIBICONV

These seem to compile (at least as modules).

I don't have any windows machines, so I cannot test it.

Drew